Hi,

I would recommend you to migrate your Python version for a newer one where
you can use fabric, paramiko or other ssh tools. It would be easier.

I would recommend also instead of doing an "ls -l" command doing something
to retrieve only the information you need:

/bin/ls -ls | awk '{print $7,$8,$9, $10}'

Jun 27 10:36 my_file

Then I would use timedelta instead where you can be more accurate with the
dates (in the example if the file is older than 62 days):
def too_old(text):
    month, day, year = (text[0], text[1],
            text[2] if ':' not in text[2] else datetime.datetime.now().year)
    time_difference = datetime.datetime.now() - datetime.datetime.strptime(
            "{0}{1}{2}".format(month, day, year), '%b%d%Y')
    return time_difference > datetime.timedelta(days=62)

Thanks,
Raúl

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Albert-Jan Roskam <
fo...@yahoo.com.dmarc.invalid> wrote:

> <snip>
>

> > I'd probably rather try Paramiko's SFTPClient and retrieve the file
>
> > modified date directly:
> >
> http://paramiko-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api/sftp.html#paramiko.sftp_client.SFTPClient
> > (see the SFTPFile.stat() method in particular, which gives you back a
> > stat object containing mtime, the modification datetime IIRC)
> >
> > 2 more (hopefully) useful links if you decide to go this route:
> > http://www.saltycrane.com/blog/2010/02/python-paramiko-notes/
> >
> http://jessenoller.com/blog/2009/02/05/ssh-programming-with-paramiko-completely-different
>
> Interesting. Question: what is the added value of paramiko compared to
> using subprocess to use ssh (ie, shell commands)? (Possible answer: it is
> platform-independent)
>
> Regards,
> Albert-Jan

Raúl Cumplido