Slightly hijacking this thread a bit, specifically Alan's reply, if anyone
is averse to installing multiple versions of Python on their computers, you
can always access a Python interpreter from a browser window.

Here are a collection I've put together. Most are Python 2, but the top
pair also support Python 3:

   - http://ideone.com (2.x & 3.x)
   - http://colabv6.dan.co.jp/lleval.html (2.x & 3.x)
   - http://doc.pyschools.com/console
   - http://repl.it/languages/Python
   - http://skulpt.org (pure JS implementation; allows turtle)
   - http://pythonwebconsole.thomnichols.org
   - http://shell.appspot.com (Google App Engine + libraries)
   - http://codepad.org
   - http://lotrepls.appspot.com
   - http://datamech.com/devan/trypython/trypython.py

Cheers,
--Wesley

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.ga...@btinternet.com>
wrote:

> On 12/11/14 11:08, Vaibhav Banait wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I am new to python. I learnt (!) using  raw_input a day back. Attempt to
>> use has resulted in error. I am not able to spot a problem in syntax. I
>> am using python 3.4.2. Kindly help
>>

> Looks like you are reading a v2 book/tutorial but using v3.
>
> In v3 several key changes were made to Python including the renaming of
> raw_input() to input().
>
> The other big change was making print a function so you now *must* put
> parentheses around anything you want to print.
>
> ie
>
> print 'hello'  # Python v2
>
> becomes
>
> print('hello')   # python v3
>
> There are numerous other small changes so it would be better for you to
> either find a v3 tutorial (you could try mine! :-) or install Python v2.7
> while you are learning.
>

> --
> Alan G
> Author of the Learn to Program web site
> http://www.alan-g.me.uk/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/alangauldphotos

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    +wesley chun <http://google.com/+WesleyChun> : wescpy at gmail : @wescpy
<http://twitter.com/wescpy>
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com