On 18/08/15 04:51, Zachary Ware wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:44 PM, boB Stepp <robertvst...@gmail.com> wrote:
My wife had an interesting request tonight:  Would it be possible to
have two dbs, one that is the current working db, and the other an
archival db for students who have left the school?

i think rather than try to move data between two DBs, I'd just add a
Boolean 'currently_enrolled' column to the Students table.

Yep, that's exactly what i was going to suggest.
A flag column that can be used to include/exclude students
from reports.

Another refinement is a master student table including the flag
and two views derived from the master. One with the flag on
and the other with the flag off. Updates still need to be
on the master table but since they will likely be using the
ID that shouldn't be a problem.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site