On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:48:47AM -0400, Gabriele Brambilla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this script
[...]
>     print "pastopens"
>     for iw in range(points):
>         print iw
>

> But when I run it it is killed in the for cycle, it doesn't print any
> number:
>
> [gabriele:~/Desktop/GITcode] gbrambil% python EknotFromKostas.py
> im here
> ../NOBACKUP/heavi3/EX_104189.dat
> pastopens
> Killed

You're running Linux, right?

I haven't actually seen that "Killed" before. I wonder if it has
something to do with the OOM Killer?

Can you check your logs and see if the Python process was killed?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/624857/finding-which-process-was-killed-by-linux-oom-killer

Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on, but I'd be fascinated to find
out. What happens if you watch the system in top while the script is
running?

> does it mean that my number of points is too high?

Possibly.

--
Steve