On 2017-04-15 01:04, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:

Finally, if you can find a copy of my recent book "Python Projects"
there is a rolling project within that which demonstrates how
the same logic code can be used to build a CLI, a GUI and a
Web app. [ In fact it goes even further by demonstrating how
to break an app into 3 tiers - data, logic and UI - which
is industry best practice, but usually overkill for small
projects.]

Thanks, Alan, for the guidance. As it happens, I have a copy of your Python Projects" book- time to get it off the shelf and have a closer look!
Alex