I start a new thread, since this is a new topic.

I don't have the deep knowledge like Chris, Steven or Alan.

I guess most python installations have setuptools. But this is only my naive
vague guess.

How high is the percentage of python installation which don't have setuptools?

I have no clue. Is it 5%, 10%, 15% ...?

I know there is no definite answer to this question. But you can guess this
better than me.

Regards,
 Thomas Güttler

--