> Hi George,
>
> > And pytest has more than 200 plugins to make it easier to test things.
> As I remember it has mongo plugin as we well
> >

> Thank you for your comments.
>
> I have been using `py.test` for only two reasons.
>
> 1. To run my tests places in the `<project>/tests` directory.
> 2. To run them whenever I save any file int he project using `py.test -f`
> (after installing pytest-xdist plugin).
>
> I will have a look at py.test again and look at examples. This is a great
> start for me.
>
> I usually work with writing APIs using Flask, which I test using
> `fixtures` and `mock`. I also write a lot of code which interacts with a
> lot of external modules like
> `rabbitmq`, `databases` etc. I want to be better at write maybe
> integration tests and functional tests.
>
> If you have any more advice regarding those please let me know. Any
> recommended reading would help immensely.
>
> - Anubhav.

Here is the compatibility list of plugins:
http://plugincompat.herokuapp.com/

here is the rabbitmq plugin:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytest-rabbitmq

and here is one for databases:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytest-sqlalchemy/0.1

docker
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytest-docker/0.6.0

And if you do not have a CI system yet, then the buildbot CI can be good
for you
https://buildbot.net/
which is written in Python (and of course you manage it in Python)
(used by Python, Mozilla, Chrome etc)

George