Hello I am very new to Python just having installed Python Version 2.7 onto
my windows 8.1 laptop.  I thought the install was successful and was
entering information for my first assignment when I received an unexpected
error.

I executed a Sheets command using an earlier generated getSheetNames
function that successfully was entered by me.

However, when I ran the Sheets command I received the following:

Import Error:  No modules name Pandas

If Pandas were not included in the original install, would it not have been
caught when I input the getSheetNames function:

def getSheetNames(excelfile):

    from pandas import ExcelFile

    return (ExcelFile(excelfile)).sheet_names

Here again was my command:

>>> excelfile=r:"C:\Users\Larry

>>> sheets=getSheetNames

(excelfile);sheets

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

  File "<stdin>", line 2, in

getSheetNames

ImportError: No module named pandas

I have in addition included the actual Python I executed and received the
message.  It is attached in the file.

I would appreciate any help in getting this issue resolved.

If I need to install Pandas, please indicate clearly how I do using my
current ver 2.7 python install.

Thanks again for your help.

Larry  Staley

650.274.6794 (c)

larrystale...@comcast.net

>>> def getSheetNames(excelfile):
...     from pandas import ExcelFile
...     return (ExcelFile(excelfile)).sheet_names
>>> excelfile=r"D:\Assignment_1_Data_and_Template.xlsx";
>>> sheets=getSheetNames(excelfile);sheets
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "<stdin>", line 2, in getSheetNames
ImportError: No module named pandas
>>> excelfile="D:\Assignment_1_Data_and_Template.xlsx";
>>> sheets=getSheetNames(excelfile);sheets
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "<stdin>", line 2, in getSheetNames
ImportError: No module named pandas
>>> excelfile=r"D:\Assignment_1_Data_and_Template.xlsx";
>>> excelfile=r:"C:\Users\Larry\Assignment_1_Data_and_Template.xlsx"
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    excelfile=r:"C:\Users\Larry\Assignment_1_Data_and_Template.xlsx"
               ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax