On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 08:22:01PM +0000, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:

> I think that's a very deliberate feature of Python going back
> to its original purpose of being a teaching language that
> can be used beyond the classroom.

I don't think that is correct -- everything I've read is that Guido
designed Python as a scripting language for use in the "Amoeba"
operating system.

You might be thinking of Python's major influence, ABC, which was
designed as a teaching language -- but not by Guido himself. Guido was
heavily influenced by ABC, both in what to do, and what not to do.

https://www.artima.com/intv/pythonP.html

http://python-history.blogspot.com/2009/02/early-language-design-and-development.html

--
Steve