On Friday, July 31, 2015 11:29:51 AM PDT, David Lang wrote:
We, the Linux Community have less tolerance for losing people's data and preventing them from operating than we used to when it was all tinkerer's personal data and secondary systems.

So rather than pushing optimizations out to everyone and seeing what breaks, we now do more testing and checking for failures before pushing things out.

By the way, I am curious about whose data you think will get lost
as a result of pushing out Tux3 with a possible theoretical bug
in a wildly improbable scenario that has not actually been
described with sufficient specificity to falsify, let alone
demonstrated.

Regards,

Daniel