On 12/23/2016 03:19 AM, Raymond Jennings wrote:
Hey um, is there much performance difference between using tux3 on FUSE vs as a built-in kernel module?

Yes, a huge difference. Fuse imposes a large (huge) overhead on the async operations that a kernel filesystem uses, and in the case of our fuse implemention, completely serializes them. I haven't actually measured the difference, but expect performance reduction of orders of magnitude for many common operations. Basically, the only time fuse ever looks efficient is when there is some other, expensive operation going on, like a slow disk or a network. Put a SSD behind any fuse filesystem and the overhead will be easily visible. Not slagging fuse here, that's just the nature of the problem.

Regards,

Daniel