Kids in the Hall to return to CBC http://www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story/2008/12/05/kids-hall.html
The Kids in the Hall are heading back to CBC Television with a new series. Kirstine Layfield, executive director of network TV programming at CBC, confirmed the new series on Friday. The project is still in development stages, she said, and unlikely to air before the fall of 2010. "This came out of their reunion tour [in 2008]. We approached them and suggested a new series," she said. The Kids reunited at Montreal's Just for Laughs festival in 2007 and toured together earlier this year. All five members of the comedy team — Dave Foley, Kevin McDonald, Bruce McCulloch, Mark McKinney and Scott Thompson — will be writing the show. Foley, who spoke about the series after presenting a Gemini Award last Friday, said the show will be a narrative comedy that tells a story in eight episodes. The Kids in the Hall began as an improv troupe and are known for their sketch comedy. But the new series, tentatively titled Death Comes to Town, will feature the same kooky comedy and the five original members of the troupe playing multiple characters, but with a single story arc. The Kids In the Hall show ran on CBC from 1988 to 1994 and on two U.S. networks until 1995. --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ Like TV only smarter. You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TV or Not TV" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tvornottv?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
