Jon Delfin wrote:
> One thing NBC did (actually, didn't do) that drove me bats all night: The
> on-screen information bar didn't indicate where the ball was. "2nd and 7"
> from where?

I recall both NBC and CBS using such graphics ("2nd and 7/Ball on the
Steelers' 40 Yard Line") back in the '80s, NBC on a more consistent basis
than CBS.  But I don't think I've seen it regularly on any network for at
least 20 years -- these days, similar graphics only appear on games being
played in the snow.

My perception is that Drew Esocoff doesn't seem to have the camera zoom
out for the beginning of the play as far as the various directors for CBS
and Fox, which makes it less likely that there's a field and/or sideline
yard marker on screen, thus causing part of your problem.  (Of course,
watching in HD makes a yard marker spotting much more likely.)

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>