With Apologies to Don McLean

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How the cathode used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could learn that Bandstand dance
Or, maybe, watch Jed Clampett for a while.

But December oh-five did deliver
>From the town by the Potomac River.
Bad news on the webpage;
A mandatory next stage.

I cant remember if I sighed
When I saw the next pres would preside;
Over an oh nine confusion tide 
The day analog died.

So bye-bye, miss analog line.
Set my TV to the two-three,
But the signal was nigh.
And them good old boys were eating a pizza-type pie
Yellin', Sh*t, I gotta go to Best Buy.
Sh*t, I gotta go to Best Buy.

Will you believe that Twenty-Nine is really five 
And Twelve is CBS 2 going live?
Cause the Box tells you so? 
Do you want Latin Music Video,
Full time local Radar, A swim meet's "Go!"
And a scary box-head cartoon show?

Well, They say that I'll be getting them
Next to the show with dancin' Kym.
They tell me on the news,
The ghost and snow I will lose.

The store was closed, a word that rhymes with buck
I screamed out in my pickup truck,
Because now I was out of luck
The day analog died.

So bye-bye, miss analog line.

Set my TV to the two-three,

But the signal was nigh.

And them good old boys were eating a pizza-type pie

Yellin', Sh*t, I shoulda gone to Best Buy.

Sh*t, I shouda gone to Best Buy.









 
--- On Fri, 6/12/09, JW <[email protected]> wrote:

From: JW <[email protected]>
Subject: [TV orNotTV] Re: Report your cable analog nightlight sightings here
To: "tvornottv" <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 11:25 PM


>  All channels here are now transmitting with Yiddish translations. Odd.

You mean "Oy", right?



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
TV or Not TV .... Smart (TV) People on Ice!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "TV or Not TV" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tvornottv?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to