On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Jon Delfin <[email protected]> wrote:
> > It did get better, but that's not the same as getting good. The show > took itself very seriously, and especially in comparison to the Amber > Tamblyn show that debuted the same week, came up wanting. Part of what > worked was the vastness of its scope; naturally, that's what's being > removed in the season 2 retooling, as they'll focus on fewer > characters. > I read that NBC planned to make the show "easier to understand" by focusing most of the storylines on the characters played by Regina King and Ben McKenzie. I loved "The Unusuals" though. I wonder if ABC could have known "The Hurt Locker" would get some nice critical buzz for Jeremy Renner if that would have helped save the show. Plus, as someone who lives in the part of town where they shot it, I was thrilled to see them chasing a suspect on Avenue B and it was really Avenue B. Even "Law & Order" gets that stuff wrong below 34th Street. TVG --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ TV or Not TV .... The Smartest (TV) People! You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TV or Not TV" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tvornottv?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
