On Sep 7, 2009, at 4:49 PM, David Bruggeman wrote:

> A question for whomever here serves as the Jeopardy! equivalent of
> Donz - did they goose the audience response back in the day, or are
> they just more subtle about it now.  There are audible gasps when
> players give an incorrect question.

The middle contestant seemed to be the only one getting the gasps -- I
think she had some friends in the audience.

These days there's not much to goose, even if they wanted to:  there's
generally no reaction whatsoever from the audience during the game,
except on the Daily Doubles and when a player runs a category.

(Note, in case it wasn't obvious:  tonight's rerun had the contestant
interview segment cut out, in addition to the plugs for the prizes
given to the runners-up, obviously to make room for Alex's modern-day
segments.)

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>