David Bruggeman wrote:
> The problem I had then seems to have gone away.  This was a distinct
> overrun that I hadn't seen all week.  Could just be my local provider.

It's hard for a local provider to screw with the timing of a show on a
national cable network.

The overrun was more noticeable last night because the Flaming Lips'
performance meant that the final segment was more than just Colbert's good
night.  Someone who watches both shows live and turns the TV off after the
"Colbert Report" interview might not even notice the overrun on a night
when the show is regularly formatted.

The DirecTV DVR automatically pads everything 30 seconds at the beginning
and 90 seconds at the end if it's able (and it's always able with two
consecutive recordings on the same channel).  I used to always get the
entire "Colbert Report" cold open at the end of the "Daily Show"
recording, but not anymore -- it now cuts off in the middle of the cold
open, or occasionally even earlier, during the "Daily Show" closing
credits.

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>