On Dec 24, 2:21 pm, "Kevin M." <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RIP George Michael
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2009-12-24-george-michael-obit_N.htm

Damn. I'm not a huge sports fan, but I really enjoyed his work on the
"Sports Machine." Even towards the end of the run, when they had him
co-hosting with a parade of young, pretty women who only made him look
older than he really was.

The obit doesn't even mention his legendary career as a disc jockey,
most notably at WFIL Philadelphia, and then as the replacement for
Cousin Brucie Morrow at WABC New York. Here's an interesting article
about how George got hired at WABC - and how he came to view his
decision to work there as a mistake, in part because it cost him a job
as the play-by-play man for the Baltimore Orioles:

http://www.musicradio77.com/michaelhire.html

-Tim