On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM, PGage <[email protected]> wrote: > On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Mark Jeffries <[email protected]>wrote: > >> The NY Daily News says it could happen in 2014 and that NBC has been >> talking to various talent agents about the possibility: >> >> >> http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_philippines/2012_Dec_17_lisa-whelchel-probst-co-host >> > > I think this is the link Mark had in mind: > > > http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/nbc-brass-thinking-jay-leno-replacement-article-1.1220267 >
What I like best about this article is that it is one of the few about the late night beat that gives a short and accurate summary of what happened the last time NBC tried to move Leno out of the Tonight Show chair: "Instead his prime-time show turned out to be a flop, and worse, it shifted the spotlight away from O’Brien’s debut and cannibalized “Tonight Show" viewers." I had not heard before the rumor that Leno has said he will not step down until Dave does. Both of their current deals are up in 2014, which may be a good time for both of them to leave (perhaps they would even guest on each other's shows the last week - or maybe do some kind of simulcast?). While Leno can go do one of those premium Las Vegas gigs for 32 weeks a year or whatever, I would love to see Dave do some kind of low-intensity, general interview show, maybe for PBS, or HBO, or maybe even just a video podcast. Once or twice a week he could talk off the top of his head for 15 minutes about whatever is on his mind, then talk to whoever is interesting to him for 45 minutes. I still don't see Ferguson doing that well against Kimmel and Fallon at 11:35. -- TV or Not TV .... The Smartest (TV) People! You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TV or Not TV" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tvornottv?hl=en
