I have not seen the ep yet either (I am on the road this week). But I do
not recall any athlete doing this. If it was not done specifically as a gag
in cohoots with Colbert, then it would rub me the wrong way too. Athletes
do commonly appear on sports radio and television interview shows with
sponsored caps or t-shits or jackets, and as often will drop an explicit
plug for their sponsor during the interview (this happens a lot on
Dannica's brother's program the Dan Patrick Show).