I'll expand on that to say that I thought the Her-Ex was one of the great
papers of all time. It combined great columnists and enlightening reporting
on local issues with a fantastic sports department and some of the best
arts critics I've ever read (Jack Viertel is still the gold standard for
drama critics, as far as I'm concerned). It was everything a paper should
be and it was just a damn shame it couldn't make it. The Times (especially
in its current incarnation) is an embarrassment by comparison.

--Dave Sikula