On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM, 'David Bruggeman' via TVorNotTV <
tvornottv@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Esquire has this piece referencing examples from the last few months.
>
> http://www.esquire.com/blogs/news/david-letteman-bands
>
> I'm sure Donz could provide earlier examples, but Dave taking a shine to
> the band seemed to be a noticeable thing since at least 2010, with The
> Heavy and their soon-to-be-ubiquitous tune "How You Like Me Now?"

I love this article, and I remember several of the examples he cites
clearly. I am not above fast forwarding to the end of a song by a group I
am not familiar with just to see how Dave reacts - if he is in to it I will

Your header implies that this is relatively new for Dave, but I don't think
the article suggests that, and I don't think it has been characteristic of
him all along. He likes good music, preferably pretty hard rock, though he
can be eclectic. We know he always likes performers who leave it all out on
the stage.

One thing that is rather new with Dave is how he acts around young women.
Those Haim babes all wanted full body hugs, and while the lead singer got
hers and more, the other two got than hand shake; I think an earlier Dave
would have been happy to oblige, but post-extortion Dave has been pretty
careful to stop hugging young women, or any women that he does not already
know pretty well.