Rolling Stone provides clips of Dave,, Jimmy Kimmel, Jon Stewart, Craig
Ferguson and Seth Meyers remembering Joan Rivers last night, and describes
what  Jimmy Fallon had to say:

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/videos/watch-david-letterman-conan-obrien-honor-joan-rivers-20140905

As usual, I like Dave's the best, though this is not really the same kind
of national or at least pop-cultural tragedy we had been talking about in
reference to the death of Robin Williams. Still, what I liked about Dave
last night was how he found just about the right note in which to talk
about her - not at all the tone he used for Williams, which was much more
bittersweet, but just his appreciation and respect for a long-time trooper
and pioneer. Paul's contribution was also nice, and not atypical of the
kinds of things others are saying about her this week.

I am not sure if Dave actually uses the word "trooper" much, but I think
most fans watching him over the years would agree that this quality is
among those that he has the most respect for in a performer. I think this
is part of the misunderstanding of David Letterman by those who
over-emphasize his Late Night years; yes he was "deconstructing" the late
night talk show format, and taking the air of of celebrities and a culture
that takes celebrity much too seriously, but it was always from a place of
affection, and respect bordering on reverence, for the essence of the late
night talk show pop-art form. And it is that respect which always seemed to
me to be at the heart of his warm regard for Rivers over the years - even
despite the ugly feud between her and Dave's real idol and friend.

There are plenty of valid criticisms to make about Rivers (I made some just
a few weeks ago here, paired with some admiration), but the interval
between someone's death and funeral is not the best time to go into those
in depth. I saw her stand up live in Vegas years ago, and while there was
something hack about her show, there was also something that was just
relentless and liberating about it.

As I noted a while back, the documentary on Rivers ("A Piece of Work") is
well worth watching (it is a little older than I remembered - coming out in
2014) - the trailer is here:"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fnojZw54ls