On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Steve Timko <steveti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Non-competes are typically for six months or a year. What's-his-face
> had two years. Someone can be locked into a contract for three to five
> years if there is no key man clause.

So a person takes a job in TV news. Her contract includes a non-compete
clause so that she can't be lured away to work immediately for a
competitor. If she resigns or gets laid off she has to wait out the
non-compete term or go to another market. If there is a key man clause,
does the non-compete clause stay in force? If it turns out that the key man
does something criminal and gets fired, is our employee stuck working at
her station in order not to trigger a non-compete situation?