Moi, August 17th this year:

> Back on January 7th this year, Wesley McGee (Wes, howyadoin? holla...)
> wrote:
>>
>> Well, NBC went and announced that come 2017, they will be taking NBC from
>> WHDH and put it on its own station (tentatively called NBC Boston). They'll
>> figure out how to make it work as the Telemundo Station it will probably
>> move NBC to doesn't have the over the air coverage WHDH does.
>>

>> And Ed Ansin has thrown in the towel... 7 News will soldier on as an
> indie: NewEnglandOne
> <http://www.newenglandone.com/news/local/boston/game-over-ansin-drops-fight-to-keep-nbc.html#.V7OSgiR2yqA.email>
>
> (link)

A TVSpy <http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/is-wbts-the-new-nbc-boston/178120>
(link) reader spotted on Bizapedia
<http://www.bizapedia.com/ma/WBTS-TELEVISION-LLC.html> (link) the
registration of "WBTS Television LLC" as a foreign LLC under the Bay
State's rules, with two named execs both based at 30 Rock, and principal
address at Universal Hollywood.

The first name of the corp (better known in academia as an alternate term
for the US Civil War in the 1860s) is available as far as a possible call
sign... but we won't know for a few days if the application was made to the
Feds.