Kevin M., May 29, 2011:

> I tried to pick a subject heading that would bypass the spam filters,
> but the weblink to the article will probably cause problems.
>
> <Andy Saltzman mode engaged>
>
> This could be a major blow to the industry, making things even harder
> for them. It could suck the life out of the business, which has
> suffered from flacid sales. Leave it to the government to be so head
> strong and cock sure. Industry heads will be locked together in
> private meetings in order to come to a resolution that will satisfy
> everyone.
>
> <Andy Saltzman mode disengaged>
>
> [long-dead Yahoo News Aypee piece]
>
> <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110528/ap_en_ot/us_porn_industry_condoms>
>
> As for me, I hope the measure passes and the industry vacates the San
> Fernando Valley. I've been trying to find affordable housing, and if
> all the adult entertainers were to leave -- well -- there would be a
> big hole to be filled.
>
> <Andy Saltzman mode really disengaged now>

All these years later, all Golden State voters will be asked Nov 8th
whether Cal-OSHA should step up statewide enforcement of this rule, to
which the agency has already expressed disinterest
<https://ww2.kqed.org/stateofhealth/2016/02/17/california-porn-industry-protests-rules-mandating-condoms/>

apart from the existing LA rule earlier this year (KQED link)... the money
on the respective sides is far in favor of passage even though both sides
of the political aisle are opposed... SJ Mercury News
<http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/23/prop-60-voters-to-weigh-in-on-condom-mandate-for-porn-stars/>

(few-weeks-old link)