> On Oct 14, 2016, at 8:05 AM, daniel anderson <danielanderson2...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Was thinking about it: FOX's production of the Dodgers/Nationals series was
> really good- Kenny Albert is pretty good on baseball- and whoever did the
> Cubs series(it wasn't Joe Buck- sinc ehe as on football) was also good too.

Matt Vasgersian was the play-by-play announcer on the Cubs-Giants series.

I spent all year watching games on one of Fox's RSNs -- the Tampa Bay Rays
broadcasts on Fox Sports Sun -- and felt they actually did a better job
throughout the season than Fox is doing on these playoff games. A few
observations:

1. Rays broadcasts had the FoxTrax pitch map on-screen for every pitch, and I
kind of grew to depend on it.

2. The between-inning breaks are longer in the postseason than in the regular
season, and even still, Fox has been overstuffing them -- even having to
sometimes dump out of a commercial early so as not to miss the first pitch of
an inning. (This could be the fault of the umpires jumping the gun on the
in-stadium countdown clock, but I never saw this issue during the regular
season with the commercial load they had during the Rays games.)

3. I think Harold Reynolds is the new Tim McCarver -- for the most part, I
didn't find his comments particularly interesting or insightful (there were a
number of times he just restated pretty much what Kenny Albert had just said),
and he had issues such as mixing up Justin Turner of the Dodgers with Trea
Turner of the Nationals a few times.

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>