> On Oct 16, 2016, at 9:44 PM, daniel anderson <danielanderson2...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Watching the Panthers/Saints game i noted that FOX warned viewers in the home
> markets of the late games that they owuld be cutting away from the
> Panthers/Saints game soon(didn't happen here as we are in the Panthers home
> market). I've never heard the in-game announcers metion that- NBC used to do
> that on site a lot back in the 80s- but i don't remember CBS doing that.

CBS and Fox both do it when necessary.  The agreements between the NFL and the
networks require local games to be aired in their local markets in their
entirety, even if it means cutting away from a “Heidi” game to do so.  It’s
also why if a local game is a blowout in the third quarter, most of the country
gets switched to a better game while the local markets still have to watch the
Lions—er, stay with the bad game.