Steve Timko wrote:
We didn't discuss the Bob Newhart show. That one slipped my mind.
But they weren't keen on Happy Days, MASH, All in the Family, The
Jeffersons, Good Times, Sanford&  Sons and Get Smart.
They started watching The Munsters but that got old, they said.

Agree on Happy Days and Get Smart. Semi-agree on MASH and All in the Family (i.e. I've enjoyed small doses of those).

Two old shows that I've enjoyed recently are "The Addams Family" (taf) and "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In" (ramli).

While viewing ramli, my eyes seem to be too old to finish reading (before they disappear) some of the signs and words painted on bodies. Does anyone know if some of those types of jokes have been edited more tightly (to save time for commercials)?

But I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the political humor holds up. E.g. in one "News from the Future" joke, Rowan mentioned that the Berlin wall came down in 1989.

And in a joke in the (then) current news, they mentioned a police dept's "stop and frisk" policy. Other jokes referenced predatory lending practices that had been outlawed by the (then) recently passed "Truth in Lending" law.

I also like that all those shows have closed captions now.

--
Eddie

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.