-----Original Message-----
From: tvornottv@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvornottv@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Steve Timko

>A la carte channel selection would fix a lot of this. Cable companies want to
>push channels they have investment in. Everyone who uses DirecTV subsidizes
>their sports package even if they never tune in a football game or a NASCAR
>race. I think some of the more obscure channels would thrive with a la carte
>selection, while top sports salaries would plummet.

Awful Announcing referenced a "Wall Street Journal" article which noted that
Disney is underemphasizing ESPNews and ESPN Classic in its negotiations with
cablers.
http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/smaller-cable-channels-dying-off-disney-lowering-emphasis-two-espn-networks.html

(The AA article also provided a hilarious tweet from @JBFlint: "If Fox Sports 2
went a la carte and only its audience paid for it, the monthly sub fee would be
$617!")

 _  _
|_>|_>  Brad Beam- Belle WV
|_>|_>  http://www.facebook.com/74bmw