I tried to watch the Supergirl episode that started the musical crossover.
What can I say, if Terri Hatcher is selling, I'm buying. I made it about 20
minutes.

I don't know if what I saw was indicative of the series as a whole.
Supergirl was upset with her boyfriend, not because he turned out to be a
prince from some world that enslaved and murdered and tortured people from
her home planet, but because he lied. When she met up with his parents (MY
Lois Lane and... ugh... Hercules) in a giant deadly spaceship hovering over
the city she swore to protect, knowing full well the king and queen were
fans of murder and slavery, she didn't immediately try to stop them. Why?
Because her boyfriend lied to her.

I guess this is why she is called Supergirl and not Superwoman.

Even as cheesy TV escapism, I couldn't stomach this show.