Slight correction: The interviews air once a month so the next one will
premiere in February.

From: adam.bo...@gmail.com [mailto:adam.bo...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Adam Bowie
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 9:33 AM
To: tvornottv <tvornottv@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TV orNotTV] Re: "If you retire to spend more time with your
family, check with your family first."

I suspect that talking too explicitly about the current President was just out
of bounds for Dave.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it wasn't the "done thing" to
criticise the current incumbent if you're an ex-President? So the closest you
get is perhaps some allusion to current issues. The same was true of Obama's
interview with Prince Harry recently for the BBC. The interview, which was
recorded back in September, but played out over the Christmas period, also
managed to avoid mentioning Trump by name. Of course in that circumstance, the
Windsors would also have wanted Harry to tread carefully.

But let's face it, if you have been a political animal your entire life leading
up to becoming President, then you don't really suddenly lose all interest in
everything the second you leave the Oval Office.

I generally enjoyed the episode and it's nice for an outlet to actually show a
one-on-one interview at length. And it's interesting that Netflix are choosing
to release them once per week rather than the usual all-at-once pattern. I
think that makes more sense, allowing each interview room to breathe, and
potentially gaining newsworthiness.

But I do wish Dave would at least trim his beard a little!

Adam

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com