The British iteration of Camping was incredibly dark, and only ran for 6
episodes in 2016. I'd suggest that it'll take quite some adaption to make
it work in the US. Jennifer Garner wouldn't be the first person I'd think
to cast either! I await it with interest.

Julia Davis, who created, wrote and starred in it, is somewhat under-rated
I always feel. But her various series are much more challenging than your
usual fare. Nighty Night and Hunderby are both previous projects from her -
again both dark and challenging humour.

Adam