On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:00 PM Steve Timko <steveti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have FOX News on a screen with the sound turned down.
> They are giving major coverage to Vice President Pence being at the Winter
> Olympics. Do their viewers really give a crap about that? I'm wondering
> what I am missing. Seems to me they are dumping Pence in Korea because
> they've got nothing better for him to do. Or maybe he wanted to go.

I pointed this out to the eight people who follow me on Twitter, but our VP
serves as proof to the world that the US is going backwards. If the North
Korean envoy at the games wanted a private meeting with our US envoy (the
VP), Pence would feel compelled to reject the invite regardless of any
diplomatic or geopolitical consequences... because the envoy is a woman,
and Pence doesn’t believe it is appropriate to take private meetings with
women. We could conceivably miss out on a landmark opportunity to build US
& North Korean relations because one supposedly crazy dictator sent a woman
while we sent a f*cking dinosaur.

So in a sense it does matter that Pence is at the games, inasmuch as he
stands as evidence of our great national shame.

I hope we lose every event. But if the US does win a medal, I hope athletes
kneel while our anthem is played.

Kevin M. (RPCV)