I don't know enough about the other radio stations involved, but I am
cautiously optimistic with KPCC's management of LAist. KPCC still has
"beat" reporters assigned to specific parts of the region and experts in
specific areas, and they seem to like Los Angeles, which sets them apart
from -- for example -- the LA Weekly regulars who trash-talked LA at every
opportunity. This seems a good merging of journalism with social media, as
well as old media with new media.

Now let's watch as they prove me wrong.

https://www.wnyc.org/story/wnyc-other-public-radio-stations-acquire-gothamist-and-sister-sites/

http://www.scpr.org/news/2018/02/23/81043/laist-is-coming-back--under-kpcc-management/