I maybe should have pointed the finger at her producers; they knew he was
bizarre already; in pre-interview they should have determined if he smelled
of alcohol before putting him on their live air.

I think it would be fair to ask “your bizarre interviews today have led to
questions about your sobriety or mental health-how do you respond?” But to
confront him with his smell of alcohol feels like a set up. It’s like if
his fly was open and instead of either fixing it before they put him on or
deciding he was not competent and not putting him on, they said nothing and
then confronted him with it on live TV.

But in this case dude was not drunk or mentally ill, just a freaked out
douche bag.