Following up on this, it appears "instinct" has run out of original ideas, just
three episodes into their run.  There's a very credible accusation of
plagiarism, involving the show's episode last week, and a (much too) similar
storyline from the fifth season of "Bones".  Basic plot is the same, and
several instances of word-for-word duplicate scenes.

The story:
https://quartzy.qz.com/1245791/an-episode-of-the-cbs-show-instinct-appears-to-have-copied-an-episode-of-foxs-bones/?ex_cid=SigDig

...and the evidence:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uF0_KtPs1J-5VMd09BrhbGD00iXuPnZB/view