I remember watching Reliable Sources regularly, and early on liking the
show, or at least the idea of the show. I also remember Howie not so slowly
transforming into a joke, and an embarrassment. The fact that he continues
to have a job is an even worse embarrassment, even for Fox News.

Melissa - here is an article about the poll in question:
https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_040218/

The question was something like: “Who do you trust more?”, and then
respondents were asked to compare each of the three cable news outlets
 with Trump. The point of that graph is that in all three cases respondents
trusted all three more than they did Trump. The poll does not directly ask
respondents which outlet they trust more, and the numbers are misleading,
since they omit a third option, which is trusting both the news outlet and
Trump the same.

I actually suspect this is the exact article that Howie was basing his
entire segment on, since the bulk of it is about the rising percentage of
Americans who believe that “fake news” on mainstream outlets is on the
rise. I can see Howie telling his staff to put up a graph from this
article, and somebody used some of the data from the first three questions
for which data is provided at the end of the article, rather than from the
questions Howie actually cared about.