On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 6:34 PM PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please - That was Michelle Obama, Hillary just quoted her once in a while.
>>
>> Jimmy Kimmel is a TV comic. He is not a politician, he is not part of a
>> news (or news-like) program. He can roll around in the mud as much as he
>> wants.
>>

> He can roll around as much as he wants... anyone can. What he can’t do is
> claim the high ground later on when people, for instance, make jokes about
> his family.
>
> It is fun to crack wise. It is fun to hurl zingers. It feels good to get
> lots of likes and shares on social media. As you say, as a comic, Kimmel
> should be savoring this moment. But as a moral man, he should know that
> what he did wasn’t helpful; it added to the divisiveness; and it was the
> lowest of possible roads. I expect such behavior from Hannity; I am
> dismayed to see it from Kimmel.

I take strong exception to this. Kimmel and his family have been under
personal attack by right wing trolls since he spoke up about the health
care proposal last year. The idea that he earns these attacks by responding
to Hannity is morally repugnant.

I don't know why Hannity provoked Kimmel. Maybe it was an attempt to gain
ratings, maybe some other reason. But as the Parkland students showed, when
attacked on the air or on social media, retweet it and respond, don't just
hope that no one will notice the attack if you just walk away.