I don’t know what questions Matthews has been asking - in my view he is a
bloviating carictature of himself. But today’s story is a real
blockbuster.  This is what many meant in saying that the Stormy story had
almost nothing to do with the tabloid elements, and could be a big part of
what brings down this presidency. The number of things that have to be true
to result in the events of today are staggering, and all are very bad news
for DJT. Top ranking officials in the DOJ (Republicans), and the US
Attorney (appointed by Trump) and his top career prosecutors in the
Southern District, had to find that Cohen was a plausible threat to destroy
evidence pointing to criminal activity - and most likely criminal activity
on the part of Cohen potentially in the service of his client Trump (this
is what punctures attorney/client privilege). To also means that even if
DJT fires Mueller (which, from his unhinged tantrum today, now seems
likely), the prosecution of at least this part of the case will continue.

None of this required Stormy to be interviewed on 60 Mintues, but the
underlying facts were and are and will likely forever be extremely
important.