I guess the other part of my question #1 is why does this story obsess so
much over the value of his real estate holdings? It fawns over it in the
body of the story, and then just in case we missed it, gives us a summary
at the end. Rose owns a $5M home in the Hamptons, a $3M apartment in
Manhattan, a $2M pad in Georgetown and a farm of unreported value in North
Carolina. If Charlie Rose’s sexual misbehavior is related to his growing
belief that his own shit didn’t stink, then it might have something to do
with getting so grossly overpaid to do interviews about which the most
complimentary thing one might saw is that they were better than Barbara
Walters or Larry King.