> I'm not sure what you're using to read this group, but I get it in
> individual emails which I read in Gmail. For me the Trebek and Moonves
> threads have been kept completely separate.

I get the digest in Gmail.

As others have pointed out, if you look at the Trebek thread in Google
Groups, you'll see that the "Recent Late Night Takes On Sexual Assault
Allegations" subject pops up. The digest doesn't reflect changes in subject
title within a thread, so that may add to my confusion.

Guessing: Is it possible that if someone tries to start a new topic by
replying to another email, even with the subject change, that Google still
treats it as a response to the original post for threading purposes?