Seriously, Jerry, take a stand. Side with people or against them. Have an
opinion, then stand by it.

Also, he mentions the lack of longevity of political comedy... um... what?
George Carlin. Bill Hicks. I’d place their most political material up
against any of Seinfeld’s stand up... if anything, Hicks is even more
socially relevant (and funny) today. Watch any random monologue from
Johnny’s Tonight Show or Dave’s Late Night, and despite no longer being
topical, jokes are still going to land. Heck, I can listen to old episodes
of The Bugle podcast and laugh out loud despite not being intimately
familiar with UK politics eight years ago.

If I had the energy, I’d break this interview down line by line. I’ve
always been a bigger fan of Seinfeld’s stand up than his sitcom, and I
enjoy CICGC, but as a guy discussing the business of making people laugh,
it is as if every word he utters is designed to piss me (specifically) off.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/26/arts/television/jerry-seinfeld-interview.amp.html