As I learned from my time in Central Asia, soap operas are hugely popular
in Kazakhstan. When I was first there in 2002, they bought the rights to
broadcast Sunset Beach, but when they ran out of episodes, the viewers were
annoyed until the network announced more seasons would be available. I was
unsure how, considering the series had ceased production. It turned out
they merely bought the rights to the soap opera Passions, the one that
replaced Sunset Beach after NBC cancelled it, but they retitled it Sunset
Beach for distribution in Kazakhstan, and nobody seemed to either notice or
care that the series now had different actors and characters... and was
nowhere near a beach.

This time around, things have changed. One of the Kazakh networks aired the
first season of a popular Turkish soap opera called Элиф (Elif), but for
reasons only a network executive can understand, they then chose to bypass
buying several hundred episodes, opting instead to televise the most recent
season, skipping years of storylines. One of my Kazakh friends posted about
it on social media... viewers are unamused.

Luckily, the Turkish company that produces the soap opera put all episodes
on the Tube of You (with commercials, of course). If you speak Turkish (or
read Spanish as several seasons have Spanish subtitles), you can see what
all the fuss is about.

https://youtu.be/sKN6ZWgZKdU