I am wondering if this happened in other TV markets: last night the cold
open of The Late Show was replaced, I assume accidentally, by a segment of
the Trevor Noah interview (mid-sentence finishing his bit about his bar
mitzvah and then going into politics). It lasted about as long as a typical
cold open, and abruptly cut to the regular opening theme. Later the same
segment was shown organically as part of the regular interview.

Was this somehow a mistake by my local (San Francisco) station, or did it
come from the feed? If it was national, wouldn’t they have fixed it before
the West Coast feed? How does a mistake like this even happen? I can
understand accidentally clicking on the wrong file or something resulting
in the wrong segment getting included in the Cold Open Slot, but how would
it be this random portion of the interview?
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile