The article is attributed to American Media Inc. -- i.e., the National
Enquirer -- and refers to "the network that has been his home for 30
years."  I would take anything it says with a LARGE grain of salt.

("The network..." may be a clumsy reference to the ABC
owned-and-operated stations, which have been carrying "Jeopardy!"
since 1990 and are the largest station group that carries the show.
They obviously have some influence over Sony, which produces the show,
and CBS, which distributes the show, but they certainly don't have
direct hiring-and-firing authority over the host.)