I really recommend the Nvidia Shield which is certainly more expensive than
a Fire TV stick or a Roku stick, but has everything I want except Apple
TV+. Really good quality and a nice remote. And if you get the Pro version,
you can run Plex Server on it, keeping everything on a USB drive hanging
off it, or on a NAS drive if you're like me.

I have the previous generation one, which is about three years old now, but
still absolutely flies.