An unscientific survey of people on my Facebook timeline shows they declare
it a hit.
The most common comment is that it compares to "Carnavale." I have not seen
that show so I can't comment.
One Facebook friend said it compares to "The Wire" and "The Sopranos."
Seems unlikely, but it is being praised.