I remember that Directtv used the backhaul feeds on the AFC games that day
until President Bush was done speaking- believe they waited till Dan Rather
did the wrap up before switching back to  the regular network feeds. Up
till Obama did his address about Newtown, it was the last time a NFL game
was preempted for breaking news s far as i know.