From: tvornottv@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvornottv@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Kevin M.

>I’d like to believe that after Conan, they’d retire the concept of late night
>TV as some sort of separate genre. We’ve all seen the ratings. There’s nothing
>keeping The Tonight Show on the air except network execs feeling beholden to
>Lorne Michaels. Put it out of NBC’s (and our) misery.

What would the networks then show after the late news? With DVRs, there’s no
need to rerun the primetime schedule.

It could be syndicated filler at the local level. Or maybe CBS could air
imports from co-owned Channels 5 (UK) and Ten (Aus). ABC could simulcast “Good
Morning Britain,” leading into the locals’ early-early news.